It’s been awhile (I always say that), and a lot has happened in the past 365 days.
As has been my tradition for the past seven years, I like to take a moment to share what I’ve learned this past year for, at the very least, my personal amusement and benefit.
Because it was the year of the Hoverboard (real hoverboards, not this stickless Segway nonsense), I will use none other than Back to the Future gifs to aid in my reviewing of the year.
2015 in Review:
1. I ushered in the new year celebrating one year of full-time with my current employer, and starting a 401k like a real adult.
2. I finally saw every episode from all ten seasons of Friends. That was most of my January, February, and March. No I don’t regret it.
3. Because sometimes you get coffee with a dear friend at 8 at night, only to have to move to a little bar to purely continue on the conversation.
4. To celebrate turning 25, I took the day off of work, and spent the day and weekend with Z.
5. I paid off the last of my student loans. It still doesn’t even feel real.
6. I helped market and costume design a Shakespeare show and didn’t die.
7. I road tripped through South Dakota with one of my closest friends and we didn’t die.
8. I saw Mount Rushmore, Devil’s Tower (one of my favorite places from our trip), Yellowstone National Park (which can be done in one day), and the Oregon Coast all for the first time.
9. The Oregon Coast is beautiful and I can’t wait to return.
10. Had the best coffee in the Seattle area once again…and it didn’t disappoint.
11. Saw the gum wall before they cleaned it up – I call that an accomplishment.
12. No matter where we are, however many cities or states away, we can pick things up right where we left them. I learned that with countless friends this year, and I look forward to embracing that knowledge in the coming year.
13. October 21, 2015 was literally the best date (night) ever.
14. I (finally) moved out of my parents’ house, and into my first grown-up place. It has down wonders for mine and my parents’ relationship.
15. Family is important – especially the people that become your family.
16. Star Wars. Still sorting out my feelings.
17. It is possible to go ice skating and not fall down.
18. Christmas 2015 – the year I got excited over kitchen appliances…and an R2D2 scarf from my new roomie.
19. Z gave me one of the best Christmas gifts of my life. This gift took time, heart, and was put together with love. Something he shows me everyday, and that I’m going to try and show better myself to him and everyone else in 2016.
To 2016 – I have a good feeling about about this one.