There really is no better way to describe the day I had today.
Often, when I sit down to share my thoughts with the world on this blog, I tend to focus on a negative or less-than-glamorous aspect of my life and strive to find the silver lining of positivity.
However, today I’m not going to do that.
Instead, I’m going to share the positive elements of my day.
Today, I was inspired by:
1) My co-worker, who has a hearty laugh that is highly infectious.
2) A grilled cheese sandwich with macaroni and cheese embedded within, and the lovely company of one of my closest friends.
3) A young man that I guarantee will win a Tony someday, had amazing stories to share, and yet has remained sensationally humble.
4) The sweet stench of the city air while sitting on a park bench.
5) The image of two women wrangling a mattress up a flight of stairs to a cozy efficiency apartment with the biggest personality in the city.
6) The stories and tales we shared over drinks and sweet potato fries while on a rooftop overlooking the city we both love.
7) A theater company and the story they shared about women, who helped save generations of future women by their actions.
8) Z himself, who continues to surprise me with his endurance and strength, and my pride for him grows. And – on that note – despite his most tired of days, still takes the time to tell me he loves me – even though I already know.
9) The stars. Whether you believe in a higher power or science or both – the stars are beautiful and miraculous, no matter how you look at them.
Some days, I spend far too many breaths complaining. Today was a great wake up call in the best way. I was reminded that it is never too late – or early – to dream big. I was encouraged to try new things and be spontaneous. I recalled how great conversation can be. I was humbled by the stories of women, who faced workplaces much more dire than my own. I felt an incredible surge of love and respect for a man I sometimes don’t always appreciate. Finally, and above all, I felt content knowing that my life is far from perfect – and somehow that makes it just right.
May you be inspired today by anything – great or small.